Deben-air.com Terms and conditions of Carriage
The terms and conditions listed below and the agreement between Deben-air.com and The Customer are governed by English Law.
We guarantee the cost of the vehicle hire, providing that the original itinerary at the time of booking has not been altered.
- Account Customers: Minor itinerary adjustments are free of charge, however, the company deben-air.com, at its own discretion, will determine the nature of any adjustments and alter the charges accordingly.
- Prepaid Customers: Minor adjustments are free of charge, however, adjustments in excess of 1 mile, will be charged for at £1.30 per mile, payable to your driver.
We at deben-air.com, make every effort to ensure your time with us is a safe one, journey times can vary dependent upon traffic issues, therefore, we allow a 3 hour travelling window for rides to London Gatwick and London Heathrow airports.
We are insured for passenger travel. This insurance is for Public Liability and does not constitute travel insurance.
Our vehicles and operations are governed by Suffolk Coastal District Council, and therefore are subject to their vehicle and procedures regulations. Deben-air.com make every effort to supply top quality, well maintained vehicles, however, should such vehicles not be available, We, reserve the right to provide a similar alternative vehicle. This hire shall be known as subcontract.
We do NOT accept responsibility for the following:
- Delays caused by adverse weather conditions
- Any theft or damage to properties of any persons travelling within the contract, except, where such theft or damage is cause by direct action of deben-air.com.
- Any delays caused by strike action.
- Act of GOD.
- Conflict of War or Force Majeure.
- Road closures, i.e. major road traffic accident.
- London Heathrow, London Gatwick: Your driver and vehicle will be waiting in the vicinity of the airport, tracking your flight. Your driver will enter the terminal building 30 minutes after your flight has landed, giving you time to disembark the flight, collect your luggage and pass through UK Customs and Border Controls. Your Driver, will be waiting for you at your given collection point.
- London Southend: Meet and Greet service are standard.
- London Stansted and London Luton: Upon booking confirmation, you are instructed that your driver will send you a SMS/TEXT message upon landing. Please call your driver when you have collected your luggage and through UK customs. Then proceed to zone B/C on the same level as arrivals. Your driver will endorse these instructions.
If for some reason you cannot locate your driver, please contact deben-air.com +44 (0) 1394-460436 and advise one of our operators, who will locate him for you.
- Airport collections: All flights are tracked and the first 1 hours waiting time are inclusive of our rates along with 1 hours parking charges. If you are delayed at Border Control, please call your driver and advise him of the situation.
- Other Journeys: The first ten minutes is inclusive of our rates, thereafter, we charge waiting time in 15 minute increments.
The above charge is inclusive of our rates, whether travelling outside the charging time or not, thus saving any confusion.
- Via telephone: Upon receiving a telephone enquiry, your operator will ask date and time of travel, number of passengers, and all relevant details.
- Via E-mail: Upon receiving an e-mail, your operator will ask all relevant details.
- A quotation will be e-mailed to your in box (This is NOT a booking).
- When the quotation has been accepted by the customer, your operator will send via e-mail a booking confirmation. Your ride is now booked into our system.
All journeys are payable prior to travel, unless otherwise agreed with deben-air.com management.
- We accept all major credit/debit card with NO processing fees.
- All payments are to be made in GB Sterling.
- When paying via card, a deben-air.com representative will contact you to process the payment.
- International travellers, card payments can be made via PAYPAL.
Corporate account work is undertaken, please speak to one of our account handlers for more information.
Should you wish to cancel your ride with us, the following charges apply:
- Over 24 hours – No Charges apply.
- 12 to 24 hours – 25% of fee will apply.
- 6 to 12 hours – 50% of fee will apply.
- 6 hours or less – FULL fee applies.
We reserve the right, to refuse travel to anyone deemed to be a nuisance or a danger to our passengers or employees and may seek the assistance of the Police, to remove offenders from our vehicles and will NOT pay any compensation or refunds in such circumstances.
The Carrying of illegal substances in any of our vehicles is strictly forbidden.
Guide Dogs are allowed, however, you must inform us, at the time of booking.
We observe a no smoking policy in our vehicles as per UK Law.
If for some reason you are unhappy with our service, you should in first instance, relay your concerns with the driver, who will rectify the issue on the spot. However, if the matter is not rectified to your satisfaction, please write to us within 14 days, providing us with the date and time of the incident and your booking reference number, outlining your concerns with regards to your journey. We will attempt to resolve any issues amicably and as quickly as possible.